Fuss of what to pack? Whenever I go travel, I travel as light as possible. What I am wearing? You can have a quick view below for your ease of packing.
- Dri-fit sleeveless- Dry and comfortable. Moves sweat away from the body and to the fabric surface, where it evaporates. As compared to cotton that soak sweat up. (scklm running tee)
- ClimaLite tshirt-The ClimaLite fabric blend is designed to wick sweat away from your body out onto the surface of the garment where it can evaporate at a faster rate. This allows your body to regulate its body temperature while you hike. (Standard Charted 42k finisher tee)
- Heattech long sleeves- Base layer. Thin, skin intact,traps heat to keep you warm. The fibers used in the clothing reduce heat loss that is usually caused by moisture evaporation.
- Fleece long sleeve- Fleece midlayer that wraps your core in breathable warmth.(Adidas Sequencials Flagstaff Long Sleeve Fleece Women’s)
- Jacket – Strong weatherproof properties, over a warm layer of equally breathable Thermocool® padding for thermal regulation.(Peak Performance Womens Amina Jacket)
- Shorts- Soft, lightweight for outdoor (Mountain Warehouse Pace Womens Running Shorts)
- Compressor pants-Support the lower half of your body, providing muscle stability, and an increase in blood circulation around the legs. Or as a base layer during summit rush (Under Armour)
- Hiking long pants
- Large bag- Perfect for 4d3n packing. (Deuter Futura Vario 45+10)
- Day bag- Comfortable and well accessorised for hiking.(Quechua Escape 22L XC or black colour)
- Hiking poles- Cork-and-foam grip handle means it won’t chafe your palm and the padded, adjustable strap enables you to comfortably secure it when climbing over stiles and crossing fords.(Craghoppers Super Lite Shock Absorber Pole Flame/Ashen or this)
- Hydration bladder- (i) Water is one of the denser, heavier things we carry. Carrying it close to one’s back is the best way to carry the weight. (ii) Convenience. You can drink as you go. You don’t have to stop, get your bottle out, unscrew it, drink, put the cap back on, and put the bottle away. (click here)
- Fitness gloves- Protect your delicate fingers from those nasty rocks (Domyos Fitness Gloves)
- Wool gloves
- Bandana – Avoid inhale dust, sands and dirt into your nostrils
- Sunglasses- Best bet for keeping rocks, dust, dirt, and glare out of your eyes
- Powerbank – You would not have electric supply to charge your phone or camera
- Headlight – Make sure it’s lightweight and has huge beam distance
- Hand Towel – You will need it during the hot spring bath
- Socks – The one I wore is real good, comfortable and no blistering. (Forclaz 500 high-top adult hiking socks)
- Shoe – Perfect grip esp for the hike to the summit (Salomon X ULTRA 2 GTX)
- Flip-flops – You definately need it to rest your foot (TO 100S women’s flip-flops)
- First aid/medication
- Wet wipes – Tonnes of it, basically you used it to wipe your whole body everyday
- Toilet wipes- Better opt than tissue paper (Kleenex Wet Toilet Tissue)
- Heat Pack – Keep you warm during the night and muscle pain reliever
- Electrolyte powder – You sweat, hence need this to replenish
- Mouthwash – If you’d prefer toothbrush, you can
Another easier way for you to pack for your days….Basically, you only carry your food and water. The rest of it pack in your 45+10L bag and it will be carried by the porters.
0800- You need to wear and pack light because it scotching hot and almost 10 hours of hiking, including lunch break. Apply lots of sunblock and keep your jacket in the backpack as you will get cold upon reaching the rim in the during sunset.
0230- Woke up freezing cold, hence you will need at least 3 layers to keep yourself warm. DO NOT take off your clothings although you feel sweaty during the hike. It will get colder especially the last 300m of the peak. TWO(2) poles are compulsory!
1400- After completing the summit, back to base back and quick lunch. To continue hike to the lake rim, where you will experience a lot of rocky downhill. Hence fitness gloves is highly recommended. Compressor pants is also suggested as your muscle has fatigue after morning summit push.
1300- Going up hills a lot with lots greens view. I wear long sleeves to prevent further sunburn, you can wear short sleeves.
0800- Experiencing rocky path -> loose soil downhill -> rainforest trail -> cement road
Hope it helps your packing go ease. =) Let me know what your thoughts? or more ideas of packing?
I will share more on the journey of the 4d3n hike. oh! Hopefully my vlog will be up soon!!!